The Simplest Crispy Fried Fish - Easy No Mess Fried Fish
Recipe type: Fish / Seafood
In today's episode we're making the simplest crispy fried fish. The recipe cuts out all the mess usually associated with crumbed or battered foods.
- Fish fillets
- Fine dried breadcrumbs
- Egg, beaten
- To start, you will need one egg beaten, fine dried breadcrumbs and salt. If you are gluten intollerant, you can substitute the breadcrumbs for cornflake crumbs, and the salt can be substituted for any seasoning of your choice.
- Place the fish fillets skin side down on a large platter and brush them liberally with the egg.
- Give them a good grind of salt, or the seasoning of your choice.
- This is followed by a liberal sprinkling of breadcrumbs to coat the surface of the fish.
- Allow this to stand for 15 minutes before continuing.
- This gives the crumbs a chance to soak up some the egg coating and get a good adhesion to the fish.
- Add 30g butter and 30ml of oil to a large pan and heat this over medium high heat.
- When the pan is nice and hot, add the fillets skin side up in the pan.
- Allow the fish to fry for 4 minutes until the coating is golden.
- Flip the fillets overs and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Flip the fillets back over for a final 60 seconds to get a super-crispy crumb.
- Tranfer the fillets to platters and serve with the accompaniments of your your choice and enjoy.