Easy Marinara Sauce Recipe - How to Make Perfect Marinara Sauce at Home!
Recipe type: Sauces
Marinara sauce is an all-time favorite, and is used in dozens of Italian dishes including pizzas and chicken parmesan.
- 800g Canned Italian tomatoes
- 30ml Olive oil
- 15ml Dried garlic flakes / powder (or 6 cloves fresh)
- 2.5ml Crushed chili flakes
- 7.5ml Salt
- 15ml Dried Italian herb blend
- 2.5ml Cracked black pepper
- 5ml Sugar
Italian Herb Blend:
- 45ml Dried savory
- 45ml Dried basil
- 45ml Dried marjoram
- 45ml Dried oregano
- 45ml Dried chives
- 30ml Dried rosemary
- 15ml Dried thyme
- 15ml Dried sage
- 15ml Dried parsley
- To make your own marinara sauce place 800g of tinned italian tomatoes in juice in your food processor.
- You can also use fresh skinned Roma tomatoes.
- Add 30ml olive oil, 15ml dried garlic flakes, or 6 fresh cloves of garlic, 2.5ml chilli flakes, 7.5ml salt, 15ml Italian herb blend, 2.5ml cracked black pepper and 5ml sugar.
- If you cannot find Italian herb blend in your local supermarket, I have included the recipe below in the description.
- Pop the lid on the processor and zap this for about 30 seconds until reasonably fine.
- Transfer the mixture to a large pan and place this over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to low and allow the sauce to simmer and reduce for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Once the sauce has no visible liquid, and your spatula leaves a well defined trail that holds its shape, the sauce is ready.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the sauce to a container or serving bowl.