How to Pickle Eggs - Perfect Spicy Pickled Eggs Recipe - Bar Style - Pub Style Pickled Eggs
Recipe type: Eggs
In today’s episode we’re going to make spicy pickled eggs. These Easy Pickled Eggs are a delicious and healthy snack that everyone will enjoy! They make an amazing snack, make egg salads a breeze, and look awesome on a charcuterie board.
- 1500ml White vinegar
- 500ml Water
- 10ml Himalayan rock salt
- 2 Large onions
- 3 Bay leaves
- ⅔ Cup caster sugar
- 5 Allspice / pimento berries
- 1Tbs Black peppercorns
- 1Tbs Dried chilli flakes
- 30 Eggs
- In today’s episode we’re going to make spicy pickled eggs.
- These Easy Pickled Eggs are a delicious and healthy snack that
- everyone will enjoy! They make an amazing snack, make egg
- salads a breeze, and look awesome on a charcuterie board.
- In addition to this, it is a safe and practical way to preserve your
- eggs if you have more than you can use immediately… let’s get
- Take 30 eggs and use a needle to prick the flat end of each egg.
- This will allow the air-pocket to escape when the contents of
- the egg expand under heat. This helps prevent the shells from
- cracking, and gives a better formed egg once boiled. It will not
- totally negate the deformation of the base of the egg, but it
- certainly does help.
- Place all of the eggs in a large pot and cover them with cold
- water. Heat the pot over high heat until boiling, then start your
- timer. You want the eggs to boil for 10 minutes. Use a slotted
- spoon to give them gentle stir once every few minutes. This will
- ensure even cooking.
- After 10 minutes, transfer the eggs to a large bowl filled with ice
- cold water. Allow the eggs to stand for 30 minutes to cool
- While the eggs cool, let’s start with the pickling brine. Slice 2
- large onions thinly and add them to a medium size pot, along
- with 2 teaspoons of Himalayan rock salt, a tablespoon of dried
- chilli flakes, a tablespoon of black peppercorns, 3 bay leaves, 5
- all-spice or pimento berries, 2 thirds of a cup of caster sugar,
- ml water, and 1500ml white vinegar.
- Heat this all until boiling, then reduce the heat and simmer the
- mixture for 5 minutes, then remove it from the heat.
- By stage the eggs have cooled and it’s time to peel them. Tap
- the shells around the circumference of the egg on your work
- surface to crack them. Peel away a little of the shell, grab the
- membrane and pull on this. The membrane will literally pull the
- shell away from the egg.
- Pack a layer of eggs into a large pickling jar and top this with
- some of the onion and spices. Pack another of eggs on top of
- this and continue in this fashion until all the eggs are packed.
- Pour the pickling brine over the eggs until it is covering the eggs
- completely. Put the lid on the container and allow it all to cool
- Once cooled, transfer the eggs to your refrigerator for at least 7
- days before enjoying your delicious pickled eggs. This gives the
- brine and spices a chance to really permeate the eggs making
- for a memorable meal.
- The eggs will last for months under refrigeration.
- That’s it for today folks, please like, subscribe and share, and
- we’ll see you again real soon.