Homemade Cough Syrup - Nuclear Powered Cough Mixture - Adults Only!!!
Recipe type: Remedies
Everyone is coming down with colds & flu --- here is my homemade cough syrup recipe.... definitely not for under 18s.
- 60ml Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 60ml Honey
- 40g Finely grated fresh ginger
- 50ml Boiling water
- 150ml Brandy
- Measure out the fresh grated ginger into a small jug and pour in 50ml of boiling water. Stir this briefly to combine.
- In another jug measure out the lemon juice and add the honey to this. Stir this to dissolve the honey. Pour the ginger mixture into the honey and lemon.
- Allow this to stand for 5 minutes before straining it through a fine strainer or coffee filter. Once most of the liquid has passed through the filter, press the remaining pulp against the side of the filter to extract us much liquid as you can.
- Pour in the brandy, mix to combine and you're almost done.
- Pour the mixture into clean bottles and store these in your refrigerator indefinitely until required.