Green Goddess Salad Dressing - How to Make Green Goddess Sauce for Salads & Seafood
Recipe type: Salad Dressing & Sauce
Green Goddess salad dressing is more than just a magnificent salad dressing, but it is also a fantastic sauce for seafood dishes.
- 4 Anchovy fillets
- 5ml Crushed garlic
- 125ml Chopped parsley
- 15ml Dry tarragon or 30ml fresh tarragon
- 45ml Chopped chives
- Finely grated zest of one lemon
- 180ml Mayonnaise
- 180ml Sour cream or double cream yoghurt
- 30ml Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To start, you will need 4 anchovy fillets, a teaspoon of crushed garlic, a half cup of fresh parsley, 3 tablespoons of chopped chives, the zest of one lemon, and salt and cracked black pepper to taste. As an optional extra you will also need a tablespoon of dried tarragon, or 2 tablespoons of fresh tarragon.
- Place 180ml of mayonnaise and 180ml of sour cream or yogurt in a tall jug.
- Pour in 30ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Pour in all of the other ingredients.
- Use your stick blender to machine these until fine. As a serving suggestion, serve the sauce with grilled or deep-fried fish and the accompaniments of your choice.