Castle & Cannon Fried Potatoes - A Touch of Class for any Plate!
Recipe type: Potatoes
Cuisine: Chef T Original
Today we’re going to do something really simple and quick that can add a touch of class to any dish. All you need for this recipe is a large potato per person, a potato peeler, a very sharp knife and an apple corer. In addition to this you will need a pan and oil to fry the potatoes.
- 1 Large potato per person
- Oil for frying
- To start, you will need a large potato for each guest. They should be roughly the same size as one another, and peeled.
- Slice a flat section off of the side of one of the potatoes.
- Turn the potato onto the flat section and proceed to slice flat sections from each side of the potato.
- Turn the potato onto one of the sides and slice off the remaining flat section.
- Slice the ends off to create a rectangular shaped block.
- Place the knife 5mm in from the edge of the potato and slice 5mm downwards.
- Re-position the knife parallel with the work surface and 5mm from the top edge of the potato and slice in wards 5mm. A small chip will come free from the potato, getting rid of the slightly curved corners at the top and bottom of the potato.
- Repeat this with all 12 edges of the potato.
- Use your apple corer to remove the center of the potato along its length.
- Continue until all of the potatoes are processed.
- Heat your oil to 180c and fry the potatoes until deep golden in color, and they start to float to the top of the oil.
- Remove the potatoes from the oil, drain any excess oil on kitchen paper, and serve immediately.
- Thanks for joining us today, please like, subscribe and share, and we’ll see you again real soon.
- Check our Chef D's Channel here --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmiyL8XyNes