Crispy Fried Cauliflower
Recipe type: Vegetable
This spicy deep-fried cauliflower is absolutely amazing. Once you have tried it, there is no going back!
- 1 x Medium cauliflower
- 2 Large eggs
- 100ml Milk
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2tsp Dried garlic granules
- 3tsp Paprika
- 2tsp Oregano
- 1.5tsp Cumin
- 2tsp Dried onion flakes
- 0.5tsp Cayenne pepper
- 0.5tsp Salt
- 1tsp Black pepper corns
- 1tsp Chilli flakes (optional, or more if desired)
- Crispy Deep-fried Cauliflower Recipe
- To make this amazing crispy fried cauliflower, start by inverting the cauliflower and cutting through the stems that join the florets to the core of the cauliflower.
- Once all the florets are free of the core, you will notice that some of the florets are much larger than others. To trim these down, use your paring knife to cut longitudinally through the stems of the florets. It is important to only cut the stem section so as not to damage the florets. Once the stem is cut, gently untangle the one half of the floret from the other half.
- Transfer the cauliflower florets to your steamer and steam these for 20 minutes until tender.
- Remove the cauliflower from the steamer and transfer this to a platter lined with paper towel to absorb any excess water and cool.
- Combine all the dried herbs and spices and place these in you spice grinder. Pulse the grinder until you have a reasonably fine powder, then put this aside.
- Crack 2 large eggs into a medium size bowl and add 100ml of milk. Whisk the mixture until well combined.
- Measure one cup of all-purpose flour into another bowl and add the herb and spice blend. Mix this well until combined.
- Sprinkle an even layer of the herb and spice blend onto a large platter. This will be where the coated cauliflower will rest until it is fried, and the layer of seasoned flour prevents the coated cauliflower from sticking to the platter and damaging the coating.
- Working with a few pieces of cauliflower at a time, dip the florets into the egg mixture to wet them all over, then dredge them in the flour mixture to coat. Be sure to shake off any loose flour before transferring the coated florets to the floured platter.
- Heat your oil to 180c and carefully drop the florets into the oil, piece by piece. Fry the cauliflower for 2-3 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oil using a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl lined with paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve these delicious treats as a snack, or as any accompaniment to any meal and enjoy!
- If you have any requests for recipes on our channel, please send these through to my email, email@example.com and I will do my best to accommodate these.
- Please like, share and subscribe and we’ll see you again real soon.