How to Make Sushi Rice - Perfect Sushi Rice Every Time - Tasty & Safe!!!
Recipe type: Sushi
Making sushi rice is a little more complicated than just boiling some rice. To do this successfully you need to use a glutinous rice called pearl rice. This is a very short grain rice that adopts a sticky and translucent finish once cooked.
- 250ml Sushi rice (pearl rice) rinsed until the water runs clear
- 375ml Water
- 60ml Rice wine vinegar
- 7.5ml oil
- 30ml White sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Add the rice and cold water to a saucepan. Heat this over high heat until boiling. Reduce the heat and continue to simmer until all of the water has been absorbed.... normally about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, add the vinegar, sugar, salt and oil to another small saucepan and heat this over medium high heat, stirring until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Remove from the heat and put this aside.
- Remove the cooked rice from the heat and pour the vinegar solution into the pot. Stir this in until it is fully absorbed.
- And there we have it.... sushi rice made right, made safe and made tasty.