How to Make Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage Patties - Making the Best Burger at Home!
Recipe type: Burgers / Patties / Sausages
Burgers are so good that you could almost call them the staple food of the universe. Once in a while a really exceptional burger comes along to prove you have not tasted it all. This patty is one of the really outstanding, super tasty recipes that takes the burger to a whole new level.
- 800g Chicken fillet
- 30ml Garlic powder
- 45ml Dried Italian herb blend
- 15ml Fennel seed
- 15ml Coarsely ground black pepper
- 7.5ml Salt
- 30ml Oil
- 30g Butter
- To start, cut 800g of chicken breast into cubes.
- Place the chicken in a large shallow pan and transfer this to your freezer for 45 to 60 minutes until it is partially frozen.
- Measure out 30ml garlic powder, 45ml dried Italian herb blend, 15ml fennel seeds, 15ml coarsely ground black pepper, and 7.5ml salt.
- Run the partially frozen chicken through your mincer using a 4mm plate.
- Transfer the ground chicken to a large mixing bowl and add all of the dry ingredients.
- Mix this thoroughly by hand for about 5 minutes until everything is well combined and the mixture is a uniform color throughout.
- To press the patties, place a breadfilm bag over your scale and measure out a 100g portion of the chicken.
- Remove the scale and fold the film over the chicken.
- Use a flat bottom plate to press the patty to your desired thickness and diameter.
- Use you dough scraper to round off any uneven bulges in the patty and smooth it of to an absolutely even thickness.
- If you have patty press, go agead and press the patties.
- Once again, you can resize the diameter of the patties by pressing them again with a flat plate.
- Place 30g butter and 30ml oil in a large pan and heat this over medium high heat.
- Add the patties to the pan and fry them for 2 minutes.
- Flip the patties and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Flip them again and fry for a further 60 seconds.
- And one final flip and another 60 seconds.
- Lift the patties from the pan and transfer them to your buns and you're ready to go.