Potato Pizza Recipe - Potato Pizza Crust with a Difference - Cheesy Potato Bake
Recipe type: Pizza
Today we're going to make a magnificent potato pizza. The recipe is really simple, super-tasty and will have your guests lining up for more.
For the Pizza
- 1 x Large ripe tomato
- 10ml Crushed garlic
- 15ml Dried Italian herb mix (below)
- 8 x Rashers streaky bacon
- 100g Mozzarella
- 80g Cheddar or Monterey Jack
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 650g Potatoes
- Oil for deep frying
For the Italian Herb Blend:
- 45ml Dried savory
- 45ml Dried basil
- 45ml Dried marjoram
- 45ml Dried oregano
- 45ml Dried chives
- 30ml Dried rosemary
- 15ml Dried thyme
- 15ml Dried sage
- 15ml Dried parsley
- To start, you need a quarter red, yellow and green pepper, a large ripe but firm tomato, 10ml crushed garlic, and 15ml Italian herb blend. If you can't find the herb blend in your supermarket, I have included the recipe below in the description.
- Chop the tomato and place it in a bowl, dice the peppers and add these.
- Add the garlic, and finally the dried herb blend. Stir this all together thoroughly and put it aside for the flavors to develop.
- Take eight rashers of well smoked streaky bacon and cut this into bits, across the grain.
- Cut 100g mozzarella cheese into squares, and slice 80g cheddar or Monterey Jack into 8 slices.
- Peel 650g potato and dice it into cubes of 10mm in size.
- Cut 2 squares of baking parchment, 300mm in size and place these on a baking sheet.
- Fry the diced potato in your deep fryer at 180c or 350f until crispy and golden.
- At this stage, turn on the grill, or upper element of your oven to maximum to preheat.
- Transfer half of the fried cubes to each of the parchment squares.
- Spread them into a circle keeping them slightly heaped up at the same time.
- Divide the tomato pepper mixture evenly between the two and spread these over the top of the potato.
- Pick up any stray bits and place these on top.
- Place the cheddar slices on top of the heap in a cross formation.
- Complete the cheese by scattering the mozzarella blocks evenly over each pizza.
- Top each pizza with half of the bacon bits.
- Give each pizza a generous grind of salt and pepper, and you're ready to bake.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the center of your oven to grill until the cheese is well melted, and the bacon is fully cooked and browning nicely on the edges.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and serve piping hot with a tall beer to keep it company.
(potato pizza crust,potato pizza,potato pizza recipe,cheesy potato bake)