Rustic Gourmet Artisan Pizza. How to Make aGourmet Artisan Pizza From Start to End.
Recipe type: Pizza
This pizza is absolutely delicious, with a super-crispy no-knead sour-dough crust topped with marinated mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, peppers, mature cheddar and mozzarella - then garnished with crispy deep-fried shoe-string onions, fresh basil and Parmesan shavings.
For the Dough
- 500g Strong white flour
- ¼ Tsp Yeast
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 375ml Water
For the Topping
- 1 Portion marinated mushrooms
- ¼ Green pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ Red pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ Yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs Sun-dried tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 Handful fresh basil leaves
- 60g Mature cheddar, shredded
- 100g Mozzarella, cut into blocks
For the Garnish
- Crispy deep-fried shoe-string onions
- Parmesan shavings
- More fresh basil
- Combine the strong white flour, yeast and salt in a large container. Make well in the center and pour in the water.
- Mix this until a dough comes together and it comes away from the sides of the container.
- Put the lid on the container and let this stand overnight at room temperature.
- For the toppings, slice the peppers into thin strips and cut the sun-dried tomato into strips.
- Open up your dough container. You will see that it doubled in size, and the gluten will be very well developed.
- Lightly oil a 30cm pan and press half of the dough out over the surface of the pan evenly. It helps to oil your hands when doing this.
- Transfer the pan to a preheated range set to medium high. Cook the base until the dough is well risen and the underside is well charred. Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the pizza to a baking sheet.
- Cool the pan under cold running water for a minute before continuing with the second base.
- To make up the pizzas, spread half of the shredded cheddar across each base.
- Spread half the mushrooms across each base, followed by the mixed peppers and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Scatter the cubed mozzarella across each base along with some of the fresh basil leaves.
- Heat your oven to maximum...
- Slide the pizzas from the baking sheets directly onto the rack in your oven. Bake the pizzas until the upper crust of the pizza is golden and the cheese is well melted.
- Remove them from the oven, garnish with shoe-string onions, more fresh basil and shavings of Parmesan.