How to Make Veloute' Sauce - the Perfect White Sauce!!!
Recipe type: Sauces and Gravies
In yesterday's episode we made a rich, silky smooth chicken bone broth. In today's episode we're going to use this broth to make an incredible veloute' sauce. This sauce is silky smooth with full rounded flavor. Veloute' sauce is also a master sauce or main component of other more complex sauces like cheese sauce, pepper sauce or mushroom sauce.
- 45g Butter
- 45ml All-purpose flour
- 250ml Chicken bone broth
- 250ml Chicken stock
- Salt and ground white pepper
- Measure out the butter and all purpose flour.
- Measure out the broth and chicken stock and combine these in a single jug.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Add the flour and stir this into the melted butter to make smooth paste or roux.
- Allow this to cook for 2 minutes stirring continuously.
- Pour in the stock and broth mixture and stir this in until smooth.
- Use a small whisk to help break down any lumps.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, lower the heat and allow this to simmer for 15 minutes over medium low heat stirring every minute.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning by adding salt and ground white pepper.
- And there it is.... an amazingly smooth and flavorful veloute' sauce.