How to Make Fake Horseradish - Fake Prepared Horseradish Recipe
Recipe type: Sauce
Prepared horseradish is pretty hard to find in some countries, and when you can find it, it's ridiculously expensive. This is largely due to the labor that goes into the cleaning and preparation before pickling. Today we're looking at a way to make fake horseradish that tastes just like the real thing, and apart from the difference in color, nobody will be able to tell the difference.
- 500g Garden radish (regular radishes)
- 200ml White wine vinegar
- 2.5ml Salt
- 1.25ml Citric acid
- 45ml Wasabi powder
- 50ml Sherry
- Top and tail the radishes and cut them into quarters.
- Measure out the citric acid, salt, white wine vinegar, sherry and wasabi powder.
- Place all of the ingredients in your food processor and process until fine.
- Package the horseradish in suitable sterilized bottles and place in your refrigerator to mature for at least a week before consuming.