Gourmet Cheese Sauce. How to make silky smooth, flavorful cheese sauce!
Recipe type: Sauces
This gourmet cheese sauce is second to none.... the trick is in not using roux as the base. This cheese sauce is comprised of stock, cheese, and tapioca flour to thicken and gloss. The flavor of this sauce is ALL CHEESE!
- 30g Mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 30g Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 200ml Chicken stock
- 60ml Sour cream
- 10ml / 2 Tsp Tapioca flour, mixed with a little water
- Heat your saucepan over medium high heat and add the stock.
- Bring this almost to a boil, then add the the cheese. At this stage you do not want the sauce to boil - control the heat by raising and lowering the pan over the heat.
- Stir the cheese until it melts and becomes stringy.
- Add the sour cream and stir this in.
- Mix the tapioca flour with a little water and pour this into the pan. Bring the pan to a low boil while stirring continuously. Once the sauce boils, stir for 60 seconds, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve immediately or store under a cartouche in your refrigerator.