Mexican Meatloaf Stuffed with Cheddar and Topped with Chipotle Glaze. How to Make Single Portion Meatloaf Recipe
Recipe type: Beef
Mexiacn Meatloaf Recipe - stuffed with mature cheddar, topped with chipotle glaze. Meatloaf is an all-time favorite, however it can be a bit boring doing the same thing time and again. This meatloaf is spiced up, stuffed with mature cheddar and glazed with a chipotle glaze. The loaves are made in single portions, making serving and portion control much easier.
- 450g / 1 pound Ground lean beef
- ½ Cup Chopped onion
- ⅓ Cup Finely crushed tortilla chips (plain or chilli flavor)
- 1 Large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbs Ketchup / Tomato sauce
- 2 Tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 Tsp Ground cumin
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Shredded mature cheddar or Monterey Jack
For the Glaze
- ½ Tsp Ground chipotle (can substitute smoked paprika)
- 4 Tbs Ketchup / Tomato sauce
- Place the beef mince, chopped onion, finely crushed tortilla chips, ketchup, chilli powder, ground cumin, lightly beaten egg, salt and freshly ground black pepper in a mixing bowl and massage this until totally combined.
- Using an oil soaked cloth, wipe out the mini loaf pans. Fill the pans with equal amounts of the beef mixture.
- Using your fingers, make a deep furrow down the center of each lot of beef. Fill the furrow with the mature cheddar and press the beef back until the cheese is almost covered.
- Mix the second lot of ketchup with the chipotle powder and spread this over the loaves.
- Place the loaves in a roasting pan and bake them at 200c or 400f for 30 minutes.
- Remove the meatloaves from the oven, run a toothpick around the edges and turn them out onto platters to serve.