How to Make Panko Bread Crumbs at Home - Quick & Easy Panko Bread Crumbs
Recipe type: Bread
Panko crumbs are a whole different experience in coated deep-fried foods. Today we're publishing 2 episodes, this episode where we're making our own panko crumbs, followed by another episode where we crumb chicken wings and deep-fry them to super-crispy golden perfection.
- 12 Slices white bread
- Take a dozen slices of fresh white bread and trim away the crusts.
- You can save the crusts to make regular bread crumbs or croutons.
- Cut the trimmed slices into cubes.
- Place the cubes of bread into your food processor and zap them until quite fine.
- Transfer the crumbs to a large baking tray and bake the in a preheated oven at 100c or 212f for 60 minutes until dry and crispy.
- Allow the crumbs to cool and store them in an airtight container until required.
- Stay tuned for our next episode to see them in action.