Amazing Pizza Dough Recipe - the Pizza Dough That Behaves at Home!!!
Recipe type: Pizza Dough
In today's episode we're going to look at an amazing pizza dough. The industry rule regarding pizza is you need supper high temperatures to bake and achieve the beautifully charred base and well browned rim. The problem is that almost no domestic home has an oven that can reach 350c or 662f. This dough will bake superbly at regular domestic oven maximum temperature of 250c or 482f. You will get a beautifully crisp, charred base and lovely coloring on the edges.
- 500g Double zero or All Purpose flour
- 20g Brewers yeast
- 60ml Oil
- 5ml Salt
- 250ml Warm water
- 1.25ml Sugar
- Dissolve the sugar in the warm water.
- Pour the granulated brewer's yeast and stir this briefly to dissolve. Allow this to stand and activate for 10 minutes.
- Brewer's yeast is available in most food stores in the baking department alongside the baking yeast.
- After 10 minutes you will see a mass of froth on top the yeast.
- Pour in the oil and stir to combine.
- In your stand mixer bowl, add the flour and the salt. Try to use double zero or all purpose flour. You will get a better texture from these.
- Place the bowl on your mixer and pour the wet ingredients into the flour.
- Fit the dough hook and knead the mixture on medium low speed for 5 to 6 minutes.
- After this time you will have a beautifully soft dough that is not sticky at all.
- Remove the bowl from the machine, cover with cling-wrap and let the dough rise for 60 to 90 minutes until more than doubled in size.
- After this rising time, turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead it briefly to knock it down.
- Weigh the dough and divide it into 4 equal pieces. Each piece will make a 30cm or 12 inch base.
- Working with 1 piece at a time work the dough into a disc shape, then roll it out to a 30cm or 12 inch pizza base.
- Dust the dough lightly with flour if it becomes slightly stick while rolling.
- To make up the pizzas, top with your desired toppings and bake in a preheated oven at 250c or 482f for 15 to 20 minutes.
- And there it is... the pizza dough that behaves at home.
- In the near future, I will be make a selection of classic pizzas using these bases.