Instant Pizza Dough - Quick Matzah Bread Style Pizza Bases - No Rising Time!!!
Recipe type: Pizza
These super thin, crispy pizza bases are really easy to make. More like crispy matzah bread, this dough can be used to make mini and regular sized pizzas. There is no rising time, and the added bonus is that the dough can be rolled through a pasta roller.
- 500g Self-raising flour
- 250ml Milk
- 2.5ml Salt
- Place the self-raising flour, salt and milk in your food processor. Put the lid on and start mixing at maximum speed.
- Mix the dough for about 2 minutes, scrape the bowl down, and continue mixing for another 2 to 3 minutes. The dough will be crumbly, but will hold together well when compressed.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and compress it into a ball. If you're not going to use the dough immediately wrap it in cling-wrap and store it in your refrigerator.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces and proceed to roll each piece out to a thickness of 3 mm. This can be done by hand or machine.
- I am making mini pizzas for a wine tasting, but you can cut your bases to any size you require. Dock the bases.... this is fancy term for pricking holes in the dough. The docking prevents the bases from blowing up into large pillows while baking.
- Top the bases with toppings of your choice and bake them in a preheated oven at 250c or 480f for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and serve immediately.
- This recipe will make 4 regular bases, or up to 120 mini pizzetti.