Super-Quick Burger Buns!!! Make Your Own Burger Buns in Just over 30 Minutes!!!
Recipe type: Bread / Burger
Sometimes you just don't have the time or energy to wait 2 hours for dough to rise. This recipe will make life much easier - make your burger buns is just over 30 minutes!!!
- 30ml Instant yeast
- 280ml Warm water
- 80ml Oil
- 60ml Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 3½ Cups All-purpose flour
- Pour the instant yeast into a large mixing bowl and pour in the warm water. Mix this briefly to dissolve the yeast, then pour in the sugar and oil. Mix again briefly, then let this stand for for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes the mixture will be very frothy. Add the salt and egg, and pour in the flour.
- Using a wooden paddle, mix this all until a soft dough comes together and it comes away from the sides of the bowl.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface, sprinkle more flour over the top and knead the dough for 3 minutes until smooth and elastic. Sprinkle a little more flour every time it becomes too sticky.
- Roll the dough into a sausage and divide it into 6 for large buns, 9 for medium buns and 12 for cocktail burgers.
- Working with one piece of dough at a time, cup your hand over the dough and using a circular motion roll the dough into perfect balls. Transfer the balls to a greased baking sheet leaving about 5cm or 2 inches of space between each bun.
- Cover the buns lightly with a damp kitchen towel and allow them to rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake the buns in a preheated oven at 220c or 425f for 8 to 12 minutes until well browned and risen.
- Remove the buns from the oven and allow them to cool on a wire rack.