Molasses and Condensed Milk Fudge Recipe -Unique, Creamy and Smooth Fudge Recipe!
Recipe type: Confectionery
In today's episode, we will be making a batch of smooth, creamy fudge. This fudge is like no other fudge, it is flavored with black strap molasses, giving it a deep rich flavor and aroma, second to none!
- 1 380g Tin of sweetened condensed milk
- 100ml Full cream milk
- 400g Brown sugar
- 115g Butter
- 50g Blackstrap molasses
- To start, you will need a medium size pot, a wood spoon or spatula, a baking sheet, 2 pieces of baking parchment, a rolling pin, and a candy or infrared thermometer.
- for the ingredients you will need a can of sweetened condensed milk, 400g of brown sugar, 115g of butter, 50g of black strap molasses and 100ml of full cream milk.
- Place all of the ingredients in the pot over medium high heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Bring the pot to a boil, and continue stirring constantly until the ingredients reach a temperature of 113 - 115c or 235-239f. This will take 10-15 minutes.
- At this point, remove the pot from the heat and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, start beating the mixture with the wooden spoon. Continue beating for 5-10 minutes until the mixture has lost its shine, and it just starts to come away from the sides and bottom of the pot. If you carry beating any longer, the fudge will end up grainy and crumbly.
- Pour the mixture into the lined baking sheet. Cover the mixture with the second piece of parchment, and use your rolling pin to roll the mixture into an even sheet, using the sides of the baking sheet as guides.
- Leave this to cool to about 35c or 95f. Use a ruler and a thin blade knife to slice the fudge into neat squares. Allow to cool completely before serving and enjoying.
- That's it for today folks, please like, subscribe and share, and we'll see again real soon.
- Please subscribe to our channel to receive notifications and updates!