Lemon Log Cake with Mirror Glaze - Easy No-bake Mirror Glaze Cake - Mirror Glaze Recipe
Recipe type: Cakes & Tarts
In today's episode we're making a really simple lemon log cake with mirror glaze. This recipe is so easy that you don't need any baking experience whatsoever, just follow the instructions.
For the Crepes:
- 500g All-purpose flour
- 5ml Salt
- 15ml Sugar
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 4 Eggs
- 900ml Full cream milk
- 60ml Oil
For the Flavoring:
- 125ml Caster sugar
- 5ml Ground cinnamon
- 3 Large lemon cut into 24 wedges
For the Mirror Glaze:
- 150g Sugar
- 75ml Water
- 100g Sweetened condensed milk
- 8g Unflavored gelatin
- 30ml Water
- 175g Good quality white chocolate
- Lemon Log Cake with Mirror Glaze - Easy No-bake Mirror Glaze Cake - Mirror Glaze Recipe
- In today's episode we're making a really simple lemon log cake with mirror glaze. This recipe is so easy that you don't need any baking experience whatsoever, just follow the instructions.
- To start weigh 500g all-purpose flour into a large bowl.
- Add 5ml salt, 15ml sugar, the zest of 1 large lemon, 60ml oil, 4 beaten eggs and 900ml full cream milk.
- Whisk this together until smooth, then put this aside for 30 minutes to rest.
- After 30 minutes, rub a little oil into a 20cm non-stick crepe pan.
- Place the pan over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is nice and hot, use a one third cup measure to pour batter into the pan. Swirl the pan to distribute the batter evenly and put it back on the flame.
- Allow this to cook for about 60 seconds until the bottom is golden.
- Flip the frepe over and continue to cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Remove the crepe from the pan and continue with the remaing crepes. This quantity will yield 24 crepes.
- For the flavoring, combine 125ml caster sugar with 5ml cinnamon and mix this until totally combined. Transfer this to a shaker bottle.
- Top and tail 3 large lemons and cut each one into 8 wedges.
- Place one crepe on your work surface and squeeze the juice of one lemon wedge evenly over the crepe.
- Give the crepe a generous sprinkling of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place another crepe on top of this and repeat the process.
- Continue until you have a stack of 6 crepes.
- Pick up one side of the stack and roll it up into a log.
- Transfer this to a platter and continue with the remaining 3 logs.
- Cover the logs with clingwrap and place these in your refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- For the mirror glaze, measure 150g sugar and place it in a pot. Pour in 75ml water, followed by 100g sweetened condensed milk.
- Measure 8g of unflavored gelatin into bowl and add 30ml water.
- Chop 175g of good quality white chocolate into bits and put this aside.
- Put the pot over medium high heat and bring this to a boil, stirring regularly.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the bloomed gelatin. Stir this until the gelatin dissolves completely.
- Add the chocolate and stir this in until completely dissolved.
- Allow the glaze to cool to 29c or 84f before continuing.
- Remove the lemon crepe logs from the refrigerator and place the logs on a rack over a clean pan.
- Spoon equal amount of the glaze over each log.
- Return the logs to the refrigerator for 30 minutes for the glaze to set before serving.
- Serve the lemony logs sliced in half at an angle, or in slices, accompanied with whipped cream and enjoy.