Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe - How to Make the Best Chocolate Cake!
Recipe type: Baking, Cake
Moist Chocolate Cake! Today we're going to look at a very special chocolate cake recipe. This chocolate cake is supremely moist and full of chocolaty flavor. It is quick and easy to make, and has a shelf life of 5 to 7 days.
- 225g Cake / all-purpose flour
- 350g Caster sugar
- 85g Cocoa powder
- 7.5ml Baking powder
- 7.5ml Bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 2 Large eggs
- 250ml Full cream milk
- 125ml Sunflower oil
- 10ml Vanilla exctract
- 250ml Boiling water
For the Icing
- 200g Dark chocolate
- 175ml Cream
- To start, add 225g cake flour or all-purpose flour to your mixer bowl, along with 350g caster sugar, 85g good quality cocoa powder, 7.5ml baking powder and 7.5g bicarbonate of soda or baking soda, 2 large eggs, 250ml full cream milk, 125ml sunflower oil and 10ml vanilla extract.
- Place the bowl on your mixer with the beater paddle attached and mix the batter until smooth.
- Add 250ml boiling water a little at a time and continue mixing until well combined. The batter will be thin and glossy.
- Butter two 20cm or 8 inch cake tins and line the bottoms of each tin with baking parchment. The butter effectively sticks the parchment to the tin and prevents batter from flowing underneath the parchment.
- Pour half of the batter into each tin.
- Bake the cakes in a preheated oven at 180c or 350f for 25 to 35 minutes or until skewer inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean. Once baked, remove the cakes from the oven and allow them to cool completely in their tins.
- While the cakes bake, measure out 200g of dark chocolate and cut it into bits.
- You will also need 175ml of cream.
- Melt the chocolate in your microwave in 20 second bursts, stirting between each cycle.
- Pour in the cream and stir this in until combined. Don't panic if the chocolate seams to granulate. Simply pop this back into the microwave for 20 seconds, and will be as smooth as silk.
- Set this aside to cool completely and set. If you are in a warm climate, you may need to refrigerate the mixture until it reaches a spreadable consistency.
- Turn the cakes out of the tins and spread the icing onto the cakes evenly.
- And there it is, an absolutely, supremely moist chocolate cake fit for Royalty.
moist chocolate cake,moist chocolate cake recipe,chocolate cake,best chocolate cake,how to make chocolate cake,homemade,easy chocolate cake recipe,quick chocolate cake recipe,foolproof chocolate cake recipe,no flop chocolate cake,flop proof chocolate cake,beginners chocolate cake recipe,how to make moist chocolate cake,award winning chocolate cake recipe,how to make the best chocolate cake at home,chocolate,cake,recipe,dessert,chocolate frosting recipe