Chicken & Prawn Curry - Best Chicken & Prawn Recipe, How to Make Creamy Chicken and Prawn Curry!
Recipe type: Curry
Today we're going to make chicken and prawn curry. This is one of the best curries around, just full of prawn flavor with a wonderful creamy finish.
- 800g Prawns (13-15 size) (whole)
- 500g Chicken breast fillet
- 500ml Chicken stock
- 500g Onions
- Quarter Red pepper
- Quarter Yellow pepper
- 45ml Masala
- 15ml Chilli powder (or to taste)
- 15ml Cumin powder
- 15ml Crushed garlic
- 75ml Oil
- 60ml Tapioca flour
- 500ml Cream
- 6 extra whole prawns to garnish
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- To start you will need 800g of 13-15 size prawns, whole in the shell with head on, and 500ml chicken stock.
- Snap the heads from the prawns and throw the heads into a large pot.
- Use your scissors to cut the shell along the spine of the prawn.
- Remove the shells and tail and throw these in the pot as well.
- Open the spine of each prawn and dig out the vein. You can normally grab it with your fingers, however you can also pull it out using a skewer or toothpick.
- Place the prawn meat into a bowl and refrigerate until later in the recipe.
- Pour the chicken stock into the pot with the prawn heads and shells. I am using a pressure cooker, and will cook this for 20 minutes once the pot has pressurised. If you're using a regular pot, put lid on and simmer the mixture for 35 minutes.
- While the prawn stock cooks, dice a quarter red pepper and a quarter yellow pepper, cut the prawn meat into bite size chunks, cut 500g onions into quarter rounds, and cut 500g chicken breast fillet into pieces similar in size to the prawn chunks.
- Once the stock has finished cooking, strain the mixture through a colander. Use a pair of tongs to squeeze out any trapped liquid, then put the stock aside.
- Measure 45ml masala spice, 15ml chilli powder, 15ml cumin and 15ml crushed garlic and add these to the chicken.
- Massage these into the chicken unyil evetything is well coated.
- Pour in 75ml of oil and mix this all again.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat, add 15ml oil and the onion and peppers. Stirfry these for 4 to five minutes until the onion is translucent. Remove this from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the chicken to the pan and stirfry this for 4 to 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Return the onion and peppers to the pan and stir to combine.
- Pour in the prawn stock and stir everything again.
- Add the prawn chunks ans spred these across the top of the pan, making sure they are submerged.
- Allow this to cook for 60 seconds.
- Make well in the center of the pan. Dissolve 60ml tapioca flour in a little water and pour this to the pan. Stir to combine thoroughly and allow this to cook and thicken for 60 seconds.
- Pour in 500ml of cream and stir this in thoroughly. Don't bring the mixture to a boil at this stage as the cream will split, you simply want to reheat the mixture.
- Turn off the heat and you're ready to serve.
- Serve this creamy chicken and prawn curry with the accompaniments of your choice, garnished with an extra grilled prawn and fresh coriander.
- (chicken and prawn recipe,chicken and prawn recipes,chicken and prawn curry,chicken and prawn curry recipe,how to make chicken and prawn curry,chicken and prawn curry with coconut milk,thai chicken and prawn curry recipe,easy chicken and prawn curry,easy chicken and prawn curry recipe,quick chicken and prawn curry recipe)