How to Make Chai Tea Syrup Concentrate
Recipe type: Beverages
Chai tea has been all the rage for some time now, and it doesn't look like it's going anywhere soon. Today we're going to make a concentrated chai syrup that will enable to make your chai tea, chai latte and iced latte in a blink.
- 500ml Filtered water
- 60ml Honey
- 4 Black tea bags
- 2 Tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tsp Ground cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Ground ginger
- ¼ Tsp Ground cloves
- 1 Tbs Ground cardamom
- 1 Whole star anise
- ¼ Tsp Ground nutmeg
- Measure out 500ml of filtered water, 60ml honey, 4 black tea bags, 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, a quarter teaspoon ground cloves, a tablespoon ground cardamom, one whole star anise and a quarter teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- Place all of these into a small pot.
- Place the pot over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and allow the blend to simmer for 30 minutes partially covered with the lid.
- After 30 minutes, remove the pot from the heat and strain the mixture through a fine coffee filter. This process will require some patience as it will take about an hour to drip through. Help it along by giving it a stir every few minutes.
- These quantites will yield about 220ml of chai syrup, which at 30ml per portion will give you about 7 servings.
- To make chai, simply add 30ml of syrup to 240ml of hot or cold milk. For a chai latte, combine 30ml of the syrup with 120ml of steamed milk and top this with 120ml of textured milk froth.
- Thanks for joining us today, please subscribe, like and share, and we'll see you again tomorrow.