Salami, Mushroom & Cheddar Corn Bread - Quick & Easy Cornbread Recipe
Recipe type: Bread
Cornbread is an all-time favorite in North America, and this salami, mushroom and cheddar cornbread takes it to a whole new level.
- 100g Pizza salami, roughly chopped
- 6 Button mushrooms, sliced
- 1.5 Cups shredded mature cheddar cheese
- 1 Cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 Cup All-pupose flour
- 2 Tbs Demarara sugar
- 4 Tsp Baking powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 240ml Full cream milk
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 60ml Cooking oil
- To start, roughly chop 100g of pizza salami, slice 6 button mushrooms and grate 1 and a half cups of strong mature cheddar cheese.
- Measure out 1 cup of yellow corn meal, one cup of all-purpose flour, 60ml of oil, 240ml full cream milk, beat 1 egg, 2 teaspoons of baking powder and 2 tablespoons of demarara sugar.
- Add the sugar and baking powder to the flour and cornmeal, and mix this until combined.
- Pour in the milk, beaten egg and oil.
- Mix this in until you have a lumpy batter.
- Add the salami, musgrooms and cheese and mix these into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to a 9 inch baking tin and top this with the remainibg cheese.
- Season the top with a generous gring of cracked black pepper and salt.
- Bake the cornbread in a preheated oven at 220c for 18 to 20 minutes and the top is golden.
- Remove the bread from the oven, run a blade around the edge of the tin and turn the bread out onto a rack to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- You can serve this bread warm or cold, however, I do prefer mine cold.
- Thanks for joining us today, please subscribe, like and share, and we'll see you again tomorrow.