how to Make Tandoori Chicken Burgers - The BEST New Burger in Town!!!
Recipe type: Chicken / Burgers
Tandoori chicken is an all-time favorite - what if you could make a delicious Tandoori Chicken Burger???
- 6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 50g Fresh garlic
- 35g Fresh ginger
- 60ml Lemon juice
- 50ml Chilli paste
- 10ml Salt
- 5g Ground cumin
- 10g Garam masala
- 50ml Oil
- 20ml Double cream yogurt
- 5ml Citric acid
- 1.5ml Xanthan gum
- Measure out 2 teaspoons salt, 5g dried cumin powder and 10g garam masala.
- Roughly chop 35g of fresh ginger and 50g of garlic.
- Pour out 50ml of chilli paste, 20ml of double cream yogurt, 60ml of lemon juice and 50ml of oil.
- Finally measure a teaspoon of citric acid and a quarter teaspoon of xanthan gum.
- This will make enough marinade for 6 chicken breasts.
- Place all of these ingredients except the citric acid and xanthan gum into a tall jug and machine these with your stick blender until fine.
- Add the citric acid and xanthan gum and machine the marinade until the final 2 ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Put this aside.
- Working with one chicken breast at a time, fold the breast in cling wrap.
- Use your mallet to tap this down to an even thickness of about 8mm.
- Repeat this with the remaining breasts.
- Place the breasts on a large platter and spoon a tablespoon of the marinade onto each one. Spread the marinade over the breasts. Flip the breasts over and repeat.
- Put the breasts aside for 35 minutes to marinate.
- After the time is up, heat a large pan over high heat and add 30ml of coconut oil.
- Fry the breasts for three minutes on one side.
- Flip them over and continue to fry for a further 2 minutes. Don't be too concerned about any charring on the first side as this will wipe away in the next step.
- After 2 minutes, lift each breast and wipe it around the pan to pick up the stray marinade.
- Transfer the Tandoori breast to burger buns dressed with shredded lettuce, sliced tomato and mayonnaise and serve immediately with the accompaniments of your choice.