The Most Amazing Hot Dog Recipe - The Incredible Chip Dog - The Hot Dog with EVERYTHING!!!
Recipe type: Fast Food
Today is the final episode in our short series covering incredible and unusual hotdogs. You can check out the entire series by clicking the info button on the screen. Today's featured hotdog is the inimitable chip dog. Tasty and aromatic cheese griller sausages with fresh lettuce, more cheese and a healthy dose of french fries all wrapped in a tortilla makes for a full meal in one easy to manage package.
For 2 Chip Dogs
- 4 Cheese griller sausages
- 2 Handfuls of fresh frilly lettuce
- 4 Handfuls of ready to fry French fries
- 80g Mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 x 12 inch (30cm) tortillas
- Tomato sauce and mustard to garnish
- To make 2 chip dogs you need 4 cheese griller sausages, 2 handfuls of fresh crunchy frilly lettuce, 4 handfuls of cut french fries, 80g of grated mature cheddar and 2 large tortillas.
- Fry the chips until crisp and golden, then transfer them to a low oven to keep warm.
- Drop the cheese grillers into the oil and fry these for 60 to 90 seconds. The grillers fry very quickly so keep an eye on them... as soon as they start to blister on the skin, they must be removed from the oil.
- Place a tortilla on a large platter and arrange a generous handful of lettuce in a stripe across the center of the wrap making sure some of the frilly ends stick out past the edge of the tortilla.
- Arrange a generous helping of the french fries on top of the lettuce.
- Garnish the fries with tomato sauce and mustard.
- Place 2 of the cheese grillers on top of the fries with a slight overlap and the ends protruding over the edges of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle 40g of the cheese over this.
- Roll up the tortilla to enclose everything and secure this with 2 toothpicks. Continue with the second dog and serve immediately with the accompaniments of your choice.
- And there it is, the inimitable chip dog.... pure art in a wrap.