Devilled Lamb's Kidneys with Brown Mushrooms and Creamy Garlic Glaze - Superb Kidney Recipe!!!
Recipe type: Lamb
Devilled Lamb's Kidneys! In today's episode we're going to fry up a delicious meal of devilled lamb kidneys with brown mushrooms and an amazing creamy garlic glaze.
- 5 Lamb's kidneys
- Milk to soak (enough to cover)
- 35ml All-purpose flour
- 3.75ml Cayenne pepper
- 3.75ml Hot mustard powder
- 15ml + 15ml Olive oil
- 50g Butter
- 2 Spring onions
- 5ml Garlic, finely chopped
- 4 Brown mushrooms
- 50ml Chicken stock
- 50g Cream cheese
- Parsley to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crusty rolls to serve
- To start, soak 5 lamb kidneys in milk for 60 minutes. This tempers the gamey flavor that kidneys sometimes have.
- Use a sharp scissors to remove the connective tissue in the center of each kidney, and cut each kidney into quarters.
- Measure out 35ml of all-purpose flour, 3.75ml or 3 quarters of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper and the same quantity of hot mustard powder.
- Mix the flour, mustard and cayenne together thoroughly.
- Dredge the kidney quarters in the flour mixture to coat them all over and transfer these to a platter.
- Roughly chop 2 spring onions, finely chop a clove of garlic, quarter 4 brown mushrooms, measure out 50g of cream cheese and 50ml of chicken stock.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat and add 50g of butter and 15ml of olive oil. Add the kidneys to the pan and fry these for 4 minutes, turning every minute, until they nice and golden brown with crispy edges.
- Remove the kidneys from the pan and put these aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and pour in another 15ml of olive oil.
- Stir fry these for 60 seconds, then add the spring onions and garlic.
- Stir-fry this for a further 60 seconds and add the stock and the cream cheese. Stir the cheese around until it has melted into the stock.
- Return the kidneys to the pan and stir these around the pan until everything is well coated with the sauce.
- Serve your masterpiece on toasted crusty rolls garnished with fresh parsley and the accompaniments of your choice.