Breakfast Hotdog Recipe! How to Make a Breakfast Hotdog - A Full Breakfast in One Neat Package!!!
Recipe type: Fast Food
In today's episode we're going to be making a hot dog that really stands out from the crowd. Frankfurter sausage with crispy fried streaky bacon, flipped egg and salad all served on a length of crusty baguette makes for a breakfast of note.... this is the breakfast dog.
For 2 Breakfast Hotdogs
- 2 Frankfurter sausages
- 4 Rashers streaky bacon
- 2 Eggs
- 30ml Butter for frying
- Salad greens
- 1 French baguette
- Tomato sauce and mustard (or sauces of your choice)
- To start, cut your baguette at an angle into lengths just a bit shorter than the frankfurters.
- Turn these length-ways and make 2 cuts downward, 1 third of the width of the roll in from either edge.
- Remove the center section of the roll.
- Butter the flat faces on the inside of the roll.
- Place a generous dose of salad leaves into the channel of each roll and put these aside.
- Cut angled incisions into the frankfurters with each incision going about 2 thirds of the way through the sausage.
- In addition, unpack 4 rashers of streaky bacon and 2 eggs.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat and add 30g or 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the sausages and bacon to the pan.
- Fry the bacon until it is crispy and golden, and the sausages until the crisp up on the edges.
- When the bacon and sausages are almost ready, crack the eggs into the pan.
- Use your lifter to break the yolks and spread them across the whites of each egg.
- Also press in or fold the edges of the whites to form a long rectangular shape.
- By this stage the bacon can be removed from the pan and kept warm.
- Flip the eggs to cook the top side. The tops only need to fry for 30 seconds.
- Lift one of the eggs from the pan and place length-ways on one of the baguettes.
- Line the inside edges of the baguette with 2 slices of crispy bacon and fill the remaining space with a frankfurter. Continue with remaining dog.
- And there it is... a full breakfast in a crispy baguette. Simply garnish with the condiments of your choice and serve.