Hybrid Hotdogs - Super Easy Sausage Rolls - Tasty, Crispy Hotdog in Puff Pastry!!!
Recipe type: Snacks / Fast Food
Today we're going to make a hybrid hotdog.... or the simplest sausage roll ever. A hotdog sausage wrapped in puff pastry with tomato sauce and mustard is amazing, however there is a trick to making this work, otherwise you will end up with a gooey mess.... and here it is...
For 6 Hotdogs
- 6 Vienna sausages
- 2 x 400g Rolls puff pastry
- Tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Slice the vienna sausage at an angle all the way down the length of the sausage.
- Flip the sausage over and repeat this.
- When the sausage bakes in the pastry with the sauces, the sauce pulls in to the sausage instead of making the pastry wet and doughy.
- Continue with this until all of the viennas are cut.
- Unroll the puff pastry and place a vienna at the end of the roll.
- Give the vienna a dose of tomato sauce and mustard.
- Use the plastic separator yo roll up the puff pastry to enclose the vienna.
- Press down the edges of the pastry, and trim off the sausage roll.
- Add another sausage to the pastry and continue the process until all of the sausage rolls are formed.
- From a standard 400g pack of puff pastry, you should get 3 rolls. Simply multiply out the recipe to get the quantity you require.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and transfer the sausage rolls to the sheet.
- Brush the hybrid hotdogs with beaten and bake them in a preheated oven at 200c or 400f until crispy and golden and nicely puffed up.
- Serve the baked hotdogs immediately with the accompaniments of you choice.