Pasta Pesto - How to Make Pasta with Basil Pesto - Quick & Easy Comfort Food!!!
Recipe type: Pasta
In yesterday's episode we made a batch of basil pesto. Today we're going to use the pesto to make an amazing bowl of real comfort food, pasta with basil pesto.
- Pasta of your choice (Dry weight 500g)
- 6 Slices streaky bacon (good quality smoked)
- 16 Cherry tomatoes
- 75g Parmesan cheese (or Grano or Romano)
- 120ml Basil pesto
- Measure out the pesto, finely shred the Parmesan. You can also use Grano Padano or Romano. Slice the cherry tomatoes into halves, and cut the streaky bacon across the grain into thin strips.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, drain the pasta and put this aside.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to a smoking hot pan and fry the bacon until is golden and starting to crisp on the edges.... about 90 seconds.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and continue to fry for a further 60 seconds before removing the pan from the heat.
- Pour the pasta into a serving bowl, add the bacon and tomato mixture and stir this in.
- Add the basil pesto and the Parmesan.
- Use two forks to toss the pasta until everything is well distributed.
- Serve the pasta immediately garnished with more fresh basil and the accompaniments of your choice.