Bacon, Mushroom and Chive Dipping Sauce - Simply the Best Dip Recipe EVER!!!
Recipe type: Cocktail Snacks / Party Snacks
Today we're going to make the most amazing dip I have ever tasted. This bacon, mushroom and chive dip works equally well as a spread, as a filling for baked potatoes and even as a topping over steaks.
- 400g White mushrooms (you can also use Portabellini or Porcini)
- 200g Good quality oak or hickory smoked streaky bacon
- 30g + 30g Butter
- 250ml Cultured sour cream
- 250g Cream cheese (Chive flavored)
- (add 30ml of finely chopped fresh chives if you cannot find flavored cream cheese)
- Crostini to serve
- Chop the mushrooms into thin slices and put these aside.
- Cut the streaky bacon across the grain into thin slices. Try to use properly smoked bacon as this adds a tremendous depth to the flavor of the dip.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat and add the bacon.
- Stirfry the bacon for 5 to 6 minutes until it starts to caramelize on the edges.
- Add the mushrooms along with 30g of butter. Continue to stirfry this for 2 minutes.
- Add a further 30g of butter. Continue to stirfry the mixture until deep golden and caramelized. This will take 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the bacon mushroom mixture to a tall jug.
- Add the sour cream and chive flavored cream cheese to the jug. If you cannot find flavored cream cheese, simply add 30ml of finely chopped fresh chives to the mixture.
- Use your stick blender to zap this all until fine.
- To serve, slice a few French rolls into slices and toast them lightly under the grill in your oven until lightly golden.
- Arrange the slices around a platter accompanied with the best dip ever.