How to Make Honeycomb - Honeycomb Candy Recipe, Simple and Quick, and Super Delicious!
Recipe type: Candy
How to Make Honeycomb - quick and easy honeycomb recipe! Whether you decide to coat these little wonders with chocolate or just have them plain, honeycomb is just super yummy.
- 75ml Water
- 320ml Caster sugar
- 120ml Corn syrup, Lyle's Golden Syrup, or glucose syrup
- ⅛ tsp Cream of tartar
- 5ml White vinegar
- 7.5ml Bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- Chocolate to coat (optional)
- Place the corn syrup or Lyles golden syrup or glucose syrup, caster sugar, cream of tartar, white wine vinegar and water in a deep pot.
- Half fill a large pan with water at room temperature.
- Place the pot over medium high heat and stir the mixture until the sugar has dissolved and everything is well combined.
- Bring the mixture up to 300f or 154c. To judge this you will need to use a candy thermometer or an infrared thermometer.
- While the mixture heats up, line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with baking parchment.
- As the mixture comes to the correct temperature, remove the pot from the heat and carefully lower it into the pan of water.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and whisk this into the mixture.
- The mixture will froth up like a volcano.... this is why you need a deep pot.
- The cooling bath cools the mixture just enough to ensure a nice fine texture of bubble in the honeycomb.
- Remove the pot from the cooling bath and pour the honeycomb into the lined baking pan. Quickly level off the surface and put this aside to set.
- Once the mixture has set solid, turn it out from the pan.
- Use your meat mallet and a butter knife as a chisel to fracture the honeycomb into bite sized pieces.
- And there it is.... a beautifully finely texture honeycomb to add a little sweetness to the beginning of your new year.