Sherherd's Pie Towers - a Great Way to use Left-overs, and Just as Easy From Scratch!!!
Recipe type: Pie
These single portion shepherd's pies are a great way to use up leftovers, or you can make them quite easily from scratch. I am using leftover beef filling from the empanadas we made just a few days back.
For Each Portion You Will Need...
- 250g Savory mince (with grated cheese)
- 250g Stiff mashed potato
- 1 Egg
- Finely shredded Parmesan
- These single portion shepherd's pies are a great way to use up leftovers, or you can make them quite easily from scratch. I am using leftover beef filling from the empanadas we made just a few days back.
- All you need for this is the cooked savory ground beef, an equal quantity of stiff mashed potato and finely shredded parmesan cheese. To set the beef, you will also need 1 beaten egg per 250g of beef.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the beef and mix this thoroughly.
- Take a 4 inch by 2 inch cylinder mold and place it on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
- Half fill the cylinder with the beef, compacting it as you go. Smooth off the surface when you reach halfway.
- Continue filling the mold with the mash up to the top, and smooth off the surface.
- Carefully slide the mold upwards to leave the contents behind.
- Continue molding the towers, leaving 2 inches of space between each, as the beef will spread as it bakes.
- Top each of the towers with a generous dose of shredded Parmesan cheese and bake the towers in a preheated oven at 200c or 400f for 15 to 20 minutes until the potato is crispy and golden, and the beef is well set.
- Serve the towers immediately with the accompaniments of your choice.
- And there it is.... an amazing single portion shepherd's pie topped with creamy potato with a crispy Parmesan crust.