Krabby Patty Burger Recipe - the Sponge Bob Krabby Patty Burger for Human Consumption!!!
Recipe type: Burgers
A little while back, one of our viewers requested that I recreate the famous Krabby Patty Burger from Sponge Bob. Anyway, even although this recipe doesn't exist, I promised to do my take on this burger, using what little information is available.
For The Patties (3-4)
- 250g Crab sticks
- 250g Cooked and mashed potato (stiff)
- 1 Sheet sushi nori
- 30ml Oyster sauce
For the Sauce
- 45ml Finely chopped capers
- 100g Seafood flavor cream cheese (I used smoked salmon flavor)
For the Rest
- Burger buns
- Sliced Tomato / Onion (optional)
- Cut the crab sticks into blocks and take out an egg.
- Roll up a sheet of sushi nori and use your scissors to cut this into strips.
- Measure out the oyster sauce, and weigh out the stiff cooked mashed potato.
- Place the crab, nori, oyster sauce and egg into your food processor.
- Pulse the processor until the crab has broken down, but nowhere near mushy.
- Transfer this to a mixing bowl and mix the potato into the crab mixture thoroughly.
- Use your patty press to form the patties. You can do this by hand as well, however they may not be quite as perfect.
- Transfer the patties to squares of foil, place these on a baking sheet and place these in your freezer for 45 minutes to firm up.
- In the meantime, combine the seafood flavored cream cheese with the finely chopped capers.
- For the coating, beat the eggs and place these in a bowl.
- Combine the all purpose flour with the crushed cornflakes in another bowl.
- Sprinkle some of the cornflake mixture over a large platter. This is where the coated patties will set, and the crumbs prevent the coating from sticking to the platter and getting damaged.
- Working with 1 patty at a time, dunk the patty in the egg to wet it all over.
- Transfer the patty to the crumbs and pat the crumb mixture into the surface to get a good coating all over.
- Transfer the patty yo the platter and continue with the remaining patties.
- Allow the coating to set for 20 minutes before continuing.
- Pour an inch of oil into a large frying pan and heat this to 170c or 340f.
- Carefully drop the patties into the oil and fry them for 8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes.
- Remove the patties from the oil and serve each patty on a large lettuce lined bun, topped with the seafood cream cheese and caper sauce.