Crispy Feta and Cream Cheese Fritters - Light & Airy Cheese Fritters Deep-Fried to Golden Perfection
Recipe type: Cheese / Deep-Fried
These cheesy fritters are light and airy, and just full of flavor. Best of all, they are fail proof, so you could even get your children to mix the batter, however I don't suggest allowing kids to do the deep-frying.
- 250ml Cultured buttermilk
- 250g Cream cheese (plain or flavored)
- 250g Feta cheese
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1½ Cups Self-raising flour
- Measure out 250g of feta cheese, 250g of cream cheese , 250ml of cultured buttermilk, beat 2 eggs, and weigh 1½ cups of self raising flour.
- Place all of these in your food processor.
- Zap these until well blended and smooth, then allow the batter to stand for 15 minutes.
- Half fill your wok, or a large pan with oil and heat this to 170c or 340f.
- Spoon slightly heaped tablespoons of the batter into the oil.
- Allow these to fry for 3 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Use you tongs to lift the fritters from the oil and drain any excess oil on kitchen paper. Continue frying the remaining fritters.
- Serve these light and crispy snacks as is and enjoy.