Cheesy Parmesan & Herb Roast Baby Potatoes - The Cheese Challenge
Recipe type: Potatoes / Cheese
These unbelievable baby potatoes are infused with fresh Italian herbs and garlic, then roasted to cheesy perfection.
- 500g Baby potatoes
- 10ml Fresh origanum
- 10ml Fresh rosemary
- 10ml Fresh thyme
- 30ml Fresh basil
- 30ml Fresh parsely
- 3 Cloves fresh garlic
- 30g butter
- 30ml Olive oil
- 250ml Fine shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and cracked black pepper to season
- Roughly chop 2 teaspoons each of oreganum, thyme and rosemary and 2 tablespoons each of basil and parsley.
- Top and tail the garlic and smash these flat with your blade to remove the skins. Roughly chop the garlic.
- Slice the baby potatoes in half lengthways.
- Measure out 30g of butter and 30ml of olive oil.
- Transfer the baby potatoes to a vacuum bag.
- Pour in the chopped herbs and garlic.
- Follow this with oil and the butter.
- Straighten out the top of the bag and vacuum seal the bag using your vacuum packer.
- It is a good idea to do a double seal just for security.
- Place the vacuum packed potatoes in a medium size pot and pour in enough boiling kettle water to cover.
- Place the pot over medium high heat and bring this to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and allow this to simmer for and hour and 20 minutes.
- Remove the bag from the pot, cut it open and pour the potatoes into a medium size roasting tin.
- Arrange the potatoes in the tin so that all the flat sides are facing upward.
- Scatter a cup of shredded Parmesan cheese over the potatoes and season everything liberally with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Roast this in a preheated oven at 200c or 400f for 20 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and serve immediately as the most outstanding accompaniment to your main course.