Supreme Burger Buns - Best Burger Buns Recipe Ever! How to Make Burger Buns at Home!!
Recipe type: Bread / Dough
Some time back I published a recipe for the best burger buns ever. You can check it out by clicking the onscreen link. Today we're going scientific and making the best best burger buns.
- 950g Strong white bread flour
- 60g Butter, grated
- 15ml Sugar
- 10ml Salt
- 10g Instant yeast
- 30ml Milk powder
- 600ml Warm water
- 20g Soy lecithin
- 2.5ml Citric acid
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Place the flour and grated butter in your stand mixer bowl.
- Measure out the sugar, salt, instant yeast and milk powder.
- Measure out the warm water in two equal portions.
- Add the citric acid to one portion.
- Add the soy lecithin to the other portion.
- Use your stick blender to sheer the additives into the liquid.
- Place the mixer bowl on your mixer with the beater attached.
- Start the mixer and let it run for 2 minutes until the grated butter has been rubbed into the flour.
- Open the mixer and swap out out the mixer paddle for the dough hook.
- Pour in all of the other ingredients. (except the egg)
- Start the mixer and knead the dough for 8 minutes on medium low speed.
- Remove the bowl from the machine and cover with cling-wrap. Place the bowl in a warm place and allow the dough to rise for 60 minutes.
- During this time it will more than double in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface, flour the top of the dough and briefly knead it until it is knocked down.
- Weigh the dough and divide it into 12 equal portions.
- Working with one portion at a time, stretch the edges of the dough downward and fold it underneath the ball.
- Place the ball of dough on the work surface and use your fingers to complete the form by digging underneath the bundle and rotating the dough simultaneously.
- Transfer all of the formed buns to a baking sheet, leaving at least an inch and a half of space between the buns.
- Half fill a baking pan with boiling kettle water and place this on the bottom shelf of your oven.
- Place the buns in the center of your oven and set the temperature to 40c.
- Let the buns prove at this temperature for 60 minutes until more than doubled in size.
- After this time remove the buns from the oven and brush them with the egg. Brush carefully so as not to deflate the buns.
- Return the buns to the oven and reset the temperature to 200c or 390f until the buns are lightly golden on top.
- If the buns sound hollow when tapped they are ready to remove from the oven.
- Transfer the buns to a rack to cool.
- And there we have it, incredibly soft, springy and tasty burger buns ready for eating.