Bacon, Feta & Peppadew Kebabs - Absolute Kebab Perfection, Made in Heaven!
Recipe type: Grill / Barbecue
These bacon, peppadew and feta kebabs are out of this world. Slightly sweet, slightly hot and tangy, these kebabs will have your guests lining up for more.
For 4 Kebabs
- 8 Rashers streaky bacon
- 16 Peppadews (pickled piquant peppers)
- 50g Feta cheese
- 4 x 150mm / 6 inch skewers
- 15ml Butter
- Cut the bacon rashers through the center.
- Cut the feta cheese into cubes of about 1cm or just less than a half inch.
- Stuff a cube of feta into each peppadew until each one is filled to the brim.
- Place s strip of bacon across the opening of a peppadew and wrap it around the peppadew to enclose the feta cheese. Continue until all of the bundles are formed.
- To make up the kebabs, drill the skewers through the peppadew bundles using a twisting motion. If you try to push them through, you will end up squeezing the cheese out.
- Once you have four bundles on the skewer, straighten the bundles out to align the edges.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat and add a tablespoon of butter.
- Add the kebabs to the pan with the bacon in contact with the pan.
- Fry this for 3 minutes, then turn the kebabs over to the other bacon side. Fry this for a further 3 minutes.
- Turn the kebabs onto one edge and fry this for 60 seconds.
- Turn them to the other edge and fry for another 60 seconds.
- Remove the kebabs from the oven and serve immediately with the accompaniments of your choice.
- These little gems can also be grilled quite successfully on your barbecue using a skillet or riffle pan.