Oven Baked Mashed Potatoes - Crispy on the Outside, Tasty and Creamy on the Inside!!!!!
Recipe type: Potatoes
Today we're baking a very special accompaniment to grace your plate along your main dish. These oven baked mash potatoes are beautifully crispy on the outside, and super-creamy and tasty on the inside.
- 800g Potatoes
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Onion, diced
- 250ml Salami, diced
- 30g Butter
- Salt and pepper to season
- 60ml Fine breadcrumbs
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Transfer them to a pot and pour in enough boiling kettle water to cover.
- Place the pot over high heat, bring it to a boil and let this to continue until the potatoes are very tender. The timing for this step will vary depending on the variety of potatoes you're using.
- While the potatoes cook, peel and dice the onion. Fry this gently in a little butter until tender, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Cut the salami into small cubes, measure out the butter and crack 2 eggs.
- You will also need salt and pepper to season.
- Once the potatoes are tender, drain the water and transfer the potatoes to your food processor. Add all of the other ingredients as well, and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Process this until the mash is smooth. Notice that most of the salami bits are still in tact.
- Transfer the mash to piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle.
- Place a cylinder mold on a baking sheet and sprinkle fine breadcrumbs into mold until the base in the cylinder is covered.
- Pipe the mash into the cylinder until it is half filled, about an inch thick.
- Sprinkle more breadcrumbs over the top, this time more sparingly so as not to hide the piping pattern.
- Lift the mold upwards leaving the mash behind, then continue with next tower.
- Bake the mash towers in a preheated oven at 250c or 480f for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly golden and crispy.
- And there it is.... tasty, crispy oven baked mash towers.