How to Make Margarine at Home -Quick and Easy Homemade Margarine.
Recipe type: Spreads
In today's episode we're looking at how to make margarine at home. Margarine has had a bad rap from the start with some uneducated people even saying that it is one step away from plastic. Nothing could be further from the truth.
- 30g Coconut oil
- 45ml Vegetable oil
- 10ml Milk
- 10ml Egg yolk
- 2.5ml Lemon juice
- 2.5ml Salt
- Measure out the coconut oil, vegetable oil, egg yolk, milk, lemon juice and salt.
- Heat the coconut oil in your microwave until melted.
- Place the beaker on an ice pack or over a bowl of ice.
- Pour in the vegetable oil. You can use sunflower oil, olive oil or canola.
- Use your stick blender to sheer these together until well emulsified and milky.
- This will take about 60 seconds.
- Add the egg yolk, milk, salt and lemon juice and blend the mixture again.
- Transfer the margarine to a bowl and allow it to set in your refrigerator.
- And there we have it.... a bowl of homemade margarine. If you want your margarine as yellow as the commercial versions, you can add a drop of food coloring to the mixture before the second blending cycle.