How to Make an Amazing Pepperoni Pizza - Make Superb Pepperoni Pizza at Home!!!
Recipe type: Pizza
Just the other day we made an amazing pizza dough that yields incredibly good results in a regular domestic oven. Today we're using the same dough for the bases while make what is arguably the most popular pizza in North America, the pepperoni pizza.
For the Sauce
- 180ml Tomato puree'
- 180ml Water
- 5ml Onion flakes
- 5ml Dried basil
- 5ml Garlic granules
- 5ml Dried oregano
- 5ml Salt
- 30ml Shredded Parmesan cheese
For the Topping
- 300g Mozzarella cheese
- 200g Pepperoni (or well aged salami)
- ½ Batch special pizza dough each rolled to 30cm / 12 inches
For the Sauce
- Measure out the onion flakes, dried basil, garlic granules, dried oregano and salt.
- Measure out the tomato puree and water, and finely shred the Parmesan cheese.
- Place everything except the Parmesan in a small saucepan.
- Place the pan over medium heat and bring it to a boil, stirring regularly.
- When the pot comes to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and allow this to continue for 30 minutes until thickened.
- Turn off the gas or remove the pot from the heat and stir in the shredded Parmesan.
For the Rest
- Pepperoni and salami are from the same family, with pepperoni being slightly more spicy. For this reason, if you cannot find pepperoni, you can substitute a good quality, well aged salami for excellent results.
- Slice the meat thinly using your slicer. This can also be done by hand, although it will take a bit longer.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into thick slices. If your fortunate enough to find hand-crafted mozzarella, you can simply rip apart by hand.
- Scatter a little corn meal over your baking sheet and place one of the bases on the sheet.
- Pour half of the tomato sauce onto the base and spread it around, leaving about a half inch open around the edge.
- Scatter half of the mozzarella cheese over the base.
- Follow this with the sliced pepperoni to cover the entire surface of the pizza, then continue with second base.
- Bake the pizzas in a preheated oven at 250c or 480f for 15 minutes. The edges will be beautifully golden and base will nicely charred and crisp underneath.
- Serve immediately.
- Stay tuned for our next pizza episode towards the end of the month, where we will be start a multi-episode review of a remarkable domestic pizza oven.