How to Make Curry in the Oven - Delicious Full Flavored Spicy Oven Curry
Recipe type: Curry
Today we're making curry in the oven. So why would you do this? Sometimes the pot you normally use is in the refrigerator, or is being used for some other dish, then this trick is very useful. The added bonus is that making curry in this way is maintenance free.... there is very little stirring or hassle of any kind.
- 4 Chicken drumticks
- 4 Chicken thighs
- 2 Potatoes
- 2 Onions
- ½ Green Pepper
- ½ Red Pepper
- ½ Yellow pepper
- 60ml Chicken Masala curry spice blend
- 500ml Chicken stock
- 15ml Garlic granules
- 15ml Ground ginger
- 10ml Golden syrup
- 15ml Chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 30ml Tapioca flour dissolved in a little water
- Use you kitchen sheers to cut the chicken legs and thighs into chunky pieces. Arrange the pieces in large roasting pan skin side up.
- Dice the onions and scatter this evenly over the chicken.
- Cube the potatoes and scatter these evenly across the pan.
- Roll-cut the carrots and scatter these across the pan.
- Cut the peppers into blocks and add these to the pan.
- Pour the chicken stock over the ingredients.
- Place the curry powder in a shaker bottle and dispense this evenly across the top of the pan.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake this in a preheated oven at 160c or 320f for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the pan from the oven and carefully remove the foil.
- Stir up the ingredients thoroughly.
- Add the garlic granules and stir this in.
- Return the pan to the oven for a further 60 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and scoop all of the solid ingredients from the pan using a slotted spoon. Put this aside.
- Pour the sauce from the roasting pan into a frying pan.
- Heat the sauce over medium high heat and add the ground ginger, golden syrup and chilli powder.
- Dissolve the tapioca flour in a little water and pour this in.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and stir this all together.
- Bring the pan to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for a minute until thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately accompanied with sliced banana, fruit chutney, desiccated coconut and sambal.
- And there it is, an amazingly fragrant and spicy curry made in the oven.