Bacon, Chicken & Mushroom Soup - Rich, Thick & Hearty Soup using Chicken Bone Broth
Recipe type: Soup
In today's episode we're making a thick, rich and tasty bacon, chicken and mushroom soup using the chicken bone broth we made a couple of days ago as the base.
- 200g Streaky bacon
- 2 Chicken thighs, deboned
- 250g White mushrooms
- 30g Chicken fat
- 500ml Chicken bone broth
- 500ml Chicken stock
- 30ml Tapioca flour dissolved in a little water
- Cut the chicken into strips, cut the streaky bacon across the grain into strips and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat your wok over high heat and add 30ml of the chicken fat we reserved when making the broth. When the wok is smoking hot add the chicken, bacon and mushroom.
- Stirfry these for 4 to 5 minutes until well browned and starting to caramelize.
- Pour in the mixed broth and chicken stock and stir this in for minute or 2 until the mixture comes to a boil, then turn off the gas.
- Use your stick blender to machine the soup until smooth.
- Return the wok to the heat.
- Dissolve the tapioca flour in a little water and pour this into the soup while stirring continuously.
- Simmer the soup for 60 seconds to thicken, then remove from the heat.
- Serve this rich hearty creation immediately with the accompaniments of your choice.