Biker Bar Pancakes - Diner Style Pancakes - Awesome Beer Flapjacks for Hungry People!!!
Recipe type: Dessert
Today's episode is and easy, fun and delicious treat that will result in the best flapjacks you have ever tasted. These things are huge... they are light and fluffy.... and they have an amazing flavor that is second to none.
- 365g All-purpose flour
- 45ml Sugar
- 6.25ml Baking powder
- 6.25ml Bicarbonate of soda
- 6.25ml Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 430ml Cultured buttermilk
- 125ml Beer or stout
- 5ml Vanilla extract
- 45ml Butter melted
- Extra melted butter for frying and serving
- Maple syrup
- Combine the vanilla extract, melted butter, beaten eggs, cultured buttermilk and beer in a jug. Stir this well until completely combined.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all purpose flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar. Stir this together until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl. Use a ball whisk to mix this all together until you have a lumpy batter.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Brush the pan with melted butter and drop a half cup of the batter into the pan.
- Allow this to fry for 2.5 to 3 minutes until bubbles open on the top of the pancake.
- Use a spatula to lift the edge of the pancake. These are bigger normal, so you really have to get the spatula well underneath the pancake before attempting to flip it.
- Flip it over and continue to fry for a further 2.5 minutes.
- Remove the pancake from the pan and continue with the remaining pancakes. Keep the cooked pancakes warm in a low oven.
- Serve the pancakes brushed with melted butter and drizzled with maple syrup.