How to Make Flan - Classic Baked Flan Recipe - Easy Flan Recipe at Home!!!
Recipe type: Dessert
Flan or flan, whichever way you prefer to pronounce it, is an all-time favorite. This creamy baked custard dessert will have your guests lining up for more. This recipe is super-easy to make and by doubling or tripling the recipe is a great way to cater for larger numbers of guests.
- 160ml White sugar
- 1 Can condensed milk (385ml)
- 500ml Heavy cream
- 250ml Full cream milk
- 5 Large eggs
- 10ml Pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180c / 350f
- Heat a small pan over medium low heat and pour in the sugar.
- Heat this slowly giving the pan a gentle shake every so often.
- As the sugar starts to melt, lift the pan above the flame and tilt and rotate the pan to ensure even heating and melting.
- When all of the sugar is melted the liquid will be smooth and glossy.
- Pour the melted sugar into a 9 inch round baking dish, then put this aside on a heat-proof surface.
- Add the eggs, milk, cream, sweetened condensed milk and pure vanilla extract to your blender. You can also use you food processor, or mix this by hand.
- Blend the mixture thoroughly for 60 seconds. If you're mixing by hand, mix until everything is totally combined.
- Place the baking tin into a larger roasting tin and pour the flan mixture into the baking tin.
- Pour boiling kettle water into the roasting pan to a depth of 1 inch or 25mm.
- Transfer the flan to a preheated oven at 180c or 350f and let it bake for 50 to 60 minutes until set.
- Remove the flan from the oven and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To serve, run a fine blade around the edge of the custard. Invert a platter over the flan, flip the whole lot over and voila, there's your masterpiece.
- Cut the flan into 6 or 8 portions and serve drizzled with the overrun sauce.