Demerara Choc Chip Cookies - Delicious, Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe!!!
Recipe type: Cookies / Baking
Choc chip cookies are an all-time favorite. These Demerara choc chip cookies are dark and rich with an insanely amazing flavor that is quite frankly second to none!!!
- 500ml All purpose flour
- 2.5ml Baking soda
- 2.5ml Salt
- 250ml Brown sugar
- 125ml Demerara sugar (or treacle sugar)
- 180g Melted butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 15ml Vanilla extract
- Place the brown sugar and Demerara sugar in your mixer bowl.
- Pour in the melted butter, place the bowl on your mixer and get it mixing on medium speed until well creamed.
- In the meantime, place the all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
- Crack 1 egg into another bowl along with another single egg yolk, and measure out the vanilla extract.
- In addition, weigh out the chocolate chips.
- Once the base is well mixed, add the vanilla and eggs and mix this in thoroughly.
- Add the flour, salt and baking soda and mix until everything is combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix these in.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer, cover with cling-wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes to firm up the mixture.
- Use a 60ml scoop to scoop up portions of dough, flip them out into your hand and roll them into balls.
- Place the balls on a lined baking sheet leaving about 3 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven 180c or 350f for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven an transfer them to a rack to cool.
- The cookies are beautifully crisp on the outside with an amazing chewy inside.