Salt & Vinegar Roast Potatoes - How to Make the Best Roast Potatoes Ever!!!
Recipe type: Vegetable / starch / roast
I am sure everyone will agree that one the best things about a roast is the roast potatoes. These roast potatoes raise the bar to new heights.... super creamy on the inside, super crispy outside, and infused throughout with a wonderful salt and vinegar flavor and aroma.
- 6-8 Medium potatoes
- 1lt Chicken stock
- 200ml Brown grape vinegar
- 80ml Oil
- Salt for seasoning
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into blocks. Place the potatoes in a 1 gallon pot and pour in the brown grape vinegar and chicken stock.
- Place the pot over high heat and bring it to a boil. Boil the potatoes until they are very tender. This can take anything from 15 to 30 minutes depending on what cultivar of potatoes you're using.
- Place the lid on the pot, just slightly off-center and drain the liquid from the pot.
- Place the lid securely on the pot and shake it up to roughen the surface of the potatoes.
- Pour in the oil and shake it up again to coat all of the potatoes.
- Pour the potatoes out of the pot into a roasting tin.
- Spread them out evenly and grind a generous dose of salt over the potatoes.
- Roast the potatoes in a preheated oven at 250c or 480f for 30 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and stir them around. Grind a little more salt over the pan and return to the oven.
- Continue to roast for a further 30 minutes. After 20 minutes open the oven door slightly. This allows moisture to escape and helps to really crisp the potatoes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and serve immediately.