Sugar Chilli Steaks with Creamy Mushroom Sauce - How to Make Sugar Chilli Steaks at Home!!!
Recipe type: Steak / Beef
Sugar chilli steak is flavor experience you will never forget. The caramelized sweet and spicy glaze offset by the creamy mushroom sauce is quite honestly one of the best combinations around.
For the Steaks
- 4 x 250g Sirloin or Rump steaks
- 60ml Demarara sugar (or treacle sugar)
- 15ml Coarse ground black pepper
- 15ml Chilli flakes
- 10ml Salt
For the Mushroom Sauce
- 300ml Gourmet creamy mushroom soup
- 10ml Tapioca flour dissolve in a little water
- Combine the Demarara sugar, chilli flakes, coarsely cracked black pepper and salt.
- Press generous amounts of the mixture into the surface of both sides of the steaks.
- Stand the steaks up on their fatty edge and press 3 skewers through the steaks to secure them in this position.
- Flip the block over and give fatty strip a liberal dose of salt. Put these aside.
- To make the sauce you will need 300ml of the gourmet creamy mushroom soup we made yesterday..... click the link to see this video if you missed it.
- Pour the soup into a small saucepan. Dissolve the tapioca flour in a little water and stir this into the soup.
- Bring this to a simmer over medium heat and allow it to simmer for 90 seconds until thickened.
- Remove this from the heat and keep it warm.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat and add 30g of butter.
- Place the steaks in the pan, fatty side down and allow this to fry for 6 minutes until the fat is well rendered.
- Remove the skewers from the steaks and drop them flat in the pan.
- Continue to grill these for 3 to 4 minutes per side until we glazed and caramelized.
- Remove the steaks from the heat and allow them to rest for a minute before serving topped with the creamy mushroom sauce.