Gourmet Creamy Mushroom Soup - The Best Homemade Creamy Mushroom Soup
Recipe type: Soup
This creamy mushroom soup is unforgettable. It is super-easy to make, and will become legend with your friends and family.
- 500g Mushrooms
- 1500ml Chicken stock
- 10ml Garlic powder
- 375ml Cultured sour cream
- 60ml Tapioca flour
- 30ml Medium cream, or sweet sherry
- 60ml Chives, finely chopped
- Extra chives for garnish
- Place the mushrooms in a pot along with the chicken stock and garlic powder. Your can use white button mushrooms, brown mushrooms, or any mushroom of your choice.
- Bring the pot to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce the heat and allow the mushrooms to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Add the sherry and cultured sour cream and stir this in thoroughly.
- Dissolve the tapioca flour in a little water and stir this into the soup.
- Use your stick blender to process this until very fine.
- Return the pot to the heat and bring it to a simmer. Allow the soup to simmer for 5 minutes until thick and creamy.
- Remove the soup from the heat and stir in the chopped chives before serving garnished with more chives with crusty farm loaf.